What is going on here?

Welcome to a change of venue for my blog! This was once "My Own Private Hell" now it has been changed to reflect a new life to this blog. I will be posting pictures and writing my experiences playing the game of Warhammer 40K.

Friday, February 11, 2011

The First and Worst

This is where the mistakes started if you take a good look at the primed model and its partner you will notice I didn't have a clue on how this type of plastic and primer reacted to the difference of temperature and humidity. You know this because of what I like to call the fluffy look, like the model has build up and bubble on some parts. Alot of this was because I tried to prime them to soon after stripping them, leaving a layer of water that I didn't realize was there on the model.
Here I added insult to injury by not thinning my paints down and putting a nice base coat over the whole of the model. I tried to be careful and not paint the edging you see on the center model but realized later that a base color makes a big difference to what the final color looks like once it is applied.
So in the end these are what you end up with when you try to strip and primer the models in the same day, and by going in and out of the house to do the priming. The lesson here is strip the models let them sit a couple of days. When you prime, take the primer and the models to where you will be doing the priming and leave them for about 45 minutes to become adjusted to temperature.

So here are some pictures from my first go around in painting. Most of these models are reclaims. Reclaims are gifts from friends that get you into the game and make you addicted. They are also how you learn what not to do when it comes to painting. A Reclaim is a model that was painted at least one time before and you have stripped and put on a new coat of primer. Not all reclaims are equal.

No comments: